I know it's a little early to start thinking about Christmas (sigh). However, I was getting a little sick of the brown quilt. It just needs to be machine-quilted, but really not in the mood this week.
On that note, I must say this Figgy Pudding quilt was just the answer to my boredom. It's so completely different from other quilts I've made. The fabrics are modern and the pattern is simple and boxy. I love it! I like the wrapped candy fabric in the border the best. I can just smell those green and red hard candies. They remind me of the ones that always ended up in my Christmas stocking as a child. I never liked the taste of them at all, but I can smell them even now. This quilt just makes me feel like dragging out the Christmas decorations--even in April! I will machine quilt it soon. The back may be more work than the front.
No comments:
Post a Comment