Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Disaster Zone/Spring Projects

This is what our water garden looks like after a hard winter.  I removed the smaller rocks from around the pond.  We have to catch the fish (where are you Chandler?) and put them somewhere else temporarily until the project is complete.  We have at least 9 gold fish in there. The big bolder sitting in the middle ended up there after the frost heaves forced it from the side--it used to be part of our waterfall.  We will remove the liner and put a new, sturdier one in it's place.  It will be a little deeper and slightly different shape.  We are adding a second pump with a special filtering system on it, using the smaller water pump for just the waterfall.  We will have to replant some of our hosta's, etc, and figure out where to put our lighting.  What a job!  However, Terry and I are both kind of excited about what the end result will be, so that will keep us motivated.  I will post another picture in a few days of our progress. 

1 comment:

Moore4jess said...

Wow, that sound cool. I can't wait to see the finished project! I know Chandler would have liked to have done something nicer in the first place, but budgets are budgets. I know we want to have some kind of above ground pond here. We'd get either one of those big metal water throths (spelling??) or get one of those kidney shaped things and put rock around it.