I can show you this little neck warmer/scarf thing, because I'm pretty sure my little grand-daughters will not read this blog anytime soon.
These are the simple instructions for one that should fit a 2-4 yr. old.
Skill Level: Beginner
Gauge is 3 sts=1 in.
Size 9 knitting needles
1 skein Lion Brand Fun Fur yarn
Regular Acrylic yarn to mix with Fun Fur
Two 1" buttons
I used two strands of yarn, mixing the Fun Fur with the regular Acrylic yarn. I'm not sure how much regular yarn I used (sorry!) but it doesn't take much. Cast on 12 stitches. Knit (not too tight) for 26-28 rows. Finished length should be about 20 inches. Sew your buttons to the long side as shown on the picture. Because you knitted fairly loosely, you can "button" it together easily without making any special button holes. I'm sure you could crochet this instead of knitting if you would rather do that. Would just have to experiment a little with crochet needle size to get the width/length you want. These are super soft! I need to have one of my grand-daughters model this for you and post a picture later.
1 comment:
These are wayy cooler than the scarves I was making for them!
Post a Comment