Wednesday, April 25, 2012
New Ironing Board Cover
I have this thing about wearing out ironing board covers. Either that or I just get tired of them. I think I end up buying a new one every year. So, I decided I'm not going to buy any more. With tons of fabrics right here in my sewing studio, why should I? I fully realize this floral/grape fabric has "grandma" written all over it. However, hubby purchased a whole box of random fabrics at an estate sale a while back and there are several of these types of fabrics, so need to find something to do with it all. I can easily make a couple of ironing board covers a year without running out of fabric ever. I used extra wide double fold bias tape all around the edge, then threaded elastic into that. Just fits so much better than string. The batting under my old cover kept shifting around, so I just gave it a light, quick coat of spray glue to the backside so it would cling to the ironing board surface better. Worked like a charm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks great! Isn't it nice when we are so self sufficient, we don't even need to worry about purchasing such items anymore? I love it!
This "gramma" thinks it looks great! Always fun to use what we have too!
Such a beautiful transformation!!
Post a Comment