Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Let's Have A Talk

Decided to title this post "Let's Have A Talk" because it's what I say to my grand-daughter Allison all the time. At first she didn't like it so much (it usually meant she was in trouble), but now she will say to me, for no particular reason, "let's have a talk, Grammy". How cute is that?
You can link up your 'chat' by clicking this link:



Everyday Ruralty

Questions
  1. How many times a week do you have a green or veggie salad?
  2. Do you pray? (You may skip this if you do not wish to answer.)
  3. What season is your birthday? You do not need to give us the date.  
  4. Do you have dinner guests often, every now and then or not at all?  
  5. Could you describe yourself as a DIY- Do It Yourself-er?
My Answers:
      1.  As often as I can! Several times per week, even when veggies are not in season.
      2.  Yes, of course. Not as much now as I used to I guess.
      3.  Winter...January. Right after Christmas, so it gets forgotten on occasion.
      4.  We used to have dinner guests most every weekend, especially when our kids were younger and living at home. We were very social. Now, not so much. Still have family over most every weekend, but not friends as much. We tend to go out to dinner with friends more these days.
       5.  Mostly a DIY'er. I just refinished a piece of furniture (previous post) and I have done that quite a few times. Obviously I sew a lot, and I am always looking for ways to re-purpose things. I admire people who really have the talent for being a DIY'er. I think I am a work-in-progress. Constantly learning.

Hope you are having a really good week!

4 comments:

Suzanne McClendon said...

I think that it is a lot of fun to learn new things and to re-purpose things as well! In regards to re-purposing, I love to hear about people re-purposing and/or restoring old buildings. It is depressing to hear of them being destroyed for these new, modern monstrosities.

I've never refinished anything. Do the chemicals involved have strong smells?

Have a great week!

Becky G said...

I was the same way as your granddaughter when I was a kid. I knew that any time my mother said, "I need to talk to you" I'd either done something bad, or someone had died.

I enjoyed reading your answers.

Leslie said...

It's sad to let busyness cause a missed birthday, Teat yourself!

Patrice said...

I like the saying on your header. :) Thanks for joining in on the chat this week.