Monday, October 7, 2013

New Goodies

I picked up a new mat, rotary cutter and ruler at a quilt show that I attended in Boise, ID with my dear friend, Cyndi. We had such a good time and I totally forgot my camera!!  That was really dumb, I know. So many beautiful quilts. And the vendors....O my! Love to see new products and all that fabric. I actually didn't purchase any fabric, but these products from Martelli are to die for! I am NOT promoting their products. Just sayin'. LOVE mine! Will NEVER go back to using my old mat, cutter, or rulers unless I have to.

I am enjoying a "new to me" Elna sewing machine. Can't get enough of these vintage cuties! This one will be perfect for all that piecing I plan to do soon. I threw together a stack of Autumn cloth napkins with it as a first project. It runs really well. It appears someone has taken good care of it, so I didn't have to do much to get it going. A quick read of the manual, correct threading (some lovely, strong Aurifil thread too), a few drops of oil, and she was ready to go. It cost $20 at a yard sale, and that included the cabinet.  Score!



No comments: