I was getting sick and tired of looking at these bathroom scales. Really didn't want to go out and buy a new one because it works fine.
Before and After:
I am going to paint the walls in this bathroom gray. So, when it's all done I will post some pictures. I like teal and gray, so that's the direction I think I'll go.
The re-do was super easy. I removed the (sort of) glued-on vinyl/paper:
Cleaned the surface by scraping away most of the glue with a butter knife. I'm sure you could use a razor blade or something similar. Finished cleaning with a damp cloth and a drop of dish soap. Wiped dry. Carefully removed the little plastic shield. It came off easily with the end of that butter knife.
I traced around the old blue piece of whatever it is, adding a couple of inches all around. Could just leave an opening for the plastic shield thing, but that was an after thought for me, so mine still shows the name brand at the top of the scales. Totally not necessary, so could cover that right up.
Also cut two thin pieces of quilt batting the same size as that blue thing. Spray glued the surface (covering up the hole first because I sprayed it with the plastic shield removed), then I placed the batting on top, the fabric over that, then folded and tucked (and a touch of spray glue) around the edges. Popped the plastic shield back in. Finished in 30 minutes or so. Sure beats buying a new one.
Now I really need to go buy that paint because I'm tired of looking at plain white walls :)
4 comments:
What a great idea Becky! Way to go!
What a great idea. I have been wanting to do something like this with my scale too.
Love your cover for your scales! They look great!
I never thought of such a thing. I just might try this since one of my goals for the year is to lose weight and I hate getting on the scales but if they were pretty maybe it would be easier :)
Post a Comment